Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Holidays

The December holidays has just passed and I still have the urge to stay at home and relax. I went to Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia during the holidays. However, this holidaay did not start on a happy note.

My family arrived at the train station at 2pm. I was eager to meet up with my cousins at Johor Baru train station. We waited till 2.10pm however, the train still has not arrived. My father and I decided to investigate this and found a white board with ' The train will be delayed to 4.15pm due to some technical difilculties' writen on it. You do not know what kind of anger I felt after reading that! Imagine you feel such excitement only to be delayed. Ironically, the information counter is emty.

With almost 2 hours to spare, we decided to have lunch at one of the resturants at the train station. At least the food there manage to calm me down. I had black pepper fried rice and I do like anything that is covered with pepper. By the time we finish eating it was 3.30pm. Just 45 more minutes to go so i wondered back to the whiteboard and guess what, they delayed it to 5.05pm. From that momment onwards, negative thoughts came to my mind like the train being delayed again and again.

Time passed as slowly as a snail...

Finally the gate to the train platform openned and all of us crammed iinto the gate. After getting our passports checked, we waited for the train to arrive. We waited and waited. Finally the train came and it was already 5.45pm. We met with my cousin's family at Johor Baru train station and was on our way to Kuala Lumpur via train.

We arived at Kuala Lumpur train station at 3 in the morning. If not for the delays, we would have arrived at 9pm. You could imagine how empty the station was. The roads were empty and there was no taxi in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment